Changes that the Government is already preparing are shown in bold below. The Government aims to implement these within a year. Click on the links below for more details.
Erosion of working conditions
- There will be no pay for the first day of sick leave
- "Relevant grounds" will alone suffice for dismissing an employee
- Workplaces with no shop steward will be allowed to agree local employment conditions that fall below the statutory standard
- Special grounds will only be required for temporary employment when the job lasts for longer than one year
- Reduced powers of the national conciliator will make it harder to settle industrial disputes
- A shorter notice period will be required for temporary layoffs
- Businesses with fewer than 50 employees will have no duty to re-engage redundant workers when operations recover
Restrictions on the right to strike
Cuts in social welfare
Download and print the #SeriousGrounds publication in English, Finnish and Swedish
Download the #SeriousGrounds logos
Download the #SeriousGrounds logos in English, Finnish and Swedish from our Flickr channel.